Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cha! Cha! Cha!- 27th & NE Broadway

She:
First of all, let me just start with...why Cha! Cha! Cha! for a name? It reminds me of diarrhea cha cha cha. In any case, I've been several times prior for the chicken fajitas burritos. They are bomb diggity if you enjoy delicious onion, peppers, beans and chicken. If not. Then forget about it. However, this is the first taco eating trip to this establishment. The place is really clean which I see as a bonus as far as dining experiences go. I sat down with the SanDiegonian and the Greek god at a mildly decorated table. They brought the food to me, which I appreciated. The look of the tacos were aesthetically pleasing, but I'm not down with the tomatoes. The chicken was spiced up a bit as it was "adobo". I did think it was good, but I prefer to make my taco to the spice level I want it to be as opposed to someone pre-spicing it for me. I made sure to add the green sauce, loved the sauce, it was a good addition. I say the sauce is needed to make the dry-ish adobo chicken a little juicier. I drank my entire mexican coke down to make the burning sensation in my mouth go away, but I think the only way to make it stop was to drink milk. Considering I'm lactose intolerant and it wasn't readily available I had to live with it. My last complaint to you Cha! Cha! Cha! is if you have something on the menu, such as flan... you should probably make sure it's ready in supply for anyone who'd like to order it. Otherwise, perhaps a sign about how you are currently out would be a great read before I decide that it was something I'd like to order. Just sayin.

I give it 3 out of 5 stars.



He:
 Above this grammatical cacophony lies my beginning salvo into one of Portland's storied taco joints. I opted for the New Usual this round, kiddies(dos pollo and dos al pastor to you newer fans)! Upon entering this dance-themed eatery, I was charmed out how much this quaint lil ristorante looked like a FUCKING CHIPOTLE! The decor in these newer mexi-joints with it's faux industrial facade and the cutesy chairs make me wanna toss my frijoles about the place! However, we were here to JUDGE some feckin' 'cos, mang! My picante senorita and I were joined by our man-child San Diegan compadre on this venture. Looking across the table I thought I was in the crossfire of a pair of toothpicks. You see, both of my dining buddies are quite svelte and have uber-fast metabolisms. Fuckin' skinny is what I'm sayin here. The litmus test(pollo) was what they call "Adobo." It is obviously marinated, which I am heavily conflicted about. Does this cross the line or border as it were? No. This was good shicken. Surprisingly good actually! She's right. The verde sauce was delicioso! The pastor was also slathered in adobo seasoning and was pretty tasty. By the photographic evidence you will see what my major issue was with my eats....I COULD NOT TELL THE MOTHERFUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM!!!! At least not by look. They looked almost exactly alike and the only dif was the taste! Thank the Christ child for my tongue and all it's 2000 parts! To drink-Mexi-coke....(shudder)


I give Cha! Cha! Cha! 2 Shit Stars out of a possible 5 Shit Stars for crooked pictures of casas and over spicing their meat(although it was a change), but a heroic sauce and the heaping mound of cilantro on my pastor!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment