Thursday, April 21, 2011

La Bonita-29th & NE Alberta


She:
I must say, for a double day of taco delight it wasn't half bad. It wasn't half good either. I feel as if I got the short end of the stick on this one. La Bonita, was indeed bonita, however the taco force could use improvement. I was told the chicken taco shouldn't be judged because it's so easy...but then why is it that I can't seem to find a decent one? Eat that Ito! Shito joined the walk as well and her giggles could be heard for miles. My bestie who was kind of being a beastie came and I appreciated every minute of her glorious face. Love you all. Let's get to business. The chicken was reaaaaalllly dry. No limes available, I'm sure we'd have to pay extra for that because it was $1 for the pickled carrots that at any other establishment would be free. Kris Angel Mind Freak that shit! I doused the second taco with a ton-o green sauce, but the part that I was not ready for is their green sauce was spicy like a mo-fo. I wasn't prepared for that, but it was rather delicious. Generally, I like the double tortilla, no swipe that, I DO like my tortilla doubled and this one was unfortunately singular. Overall I was bored, this place was boring me. Although I did get to stare at the mural (shown below) which slightly made it a better eating time. Bored.

La Bor-nita, you get 1.5 stars out of 5 because you have $2.00 tacos that suck.





He:
Double fucking header! We have been slackatocious on this lil venture as of late, so I encouraged my alluring partner to increase taco intake dos-fold! And I about dos-folded my cards when we came came a-strolling into La Bonita. Maybe this was a bad idea...my innards were already doing back-flips and I'm pretty sure I was touchin' cotton at this point. Critical mass, motherfuckers. The F5 shit tornado was about to touch down and I had to shove 2 more lil gems down my gullet! Lord have mercy on our bowls! I went for pollo and carnitas here, cuz a jump to pastor would have put me back 25 pennies. That's a quarter, shit stainer. Too damn much at this point! And having tasted the sweet nectar of pineapple Jarritos, I was satisfying my thirst with orange Fanta. Tis okay, I had about had it. The Brazillionaire joined us at this point and I could tell by the "somebody just shat" look on her face that I might just have to 86 her too! She grabbed two pollos and dispensed of them like some kind of elite fighting force! I gotta be honest. This place didn't blow me away. The meat was dry as all get out and they opted for the singular tortilla construction. However, the tacos held there own and this is something I can appreciate. The green sauce was pretty spicy here and that didn't help my cause of shartiness either.  I honestly appreciate the folks who choose to come with us on this journey, but LEAVE THE SHIT TALKING TO THE PROFESSIONALS! We love you all. Even you, my bad mooded friend. Wink emoticon.


I give La Bonita 3.1 Shit Stars out of a possible 5 shit stars cuz I have to shit reeeeeeeeally bad right now. And dry meat...Ya know what? I'll knock it back .1, cuz I dug the lady painting. 3 Shit Stars!!! Is 2 Taco Walk-O adventures too much, my people???????

No comments:

Post a Comment