Thursday, April 21, 2011

La Sirenita-28th & NE Alberta

She:
Dear La Sirenita, When cleaning your establishment, you should be sure that you don't drench the dining area with ammonia, turns out when a person is sitting in the midst of the smell they start to form a headache which throws off the entire dining experience. As well as, drowns out the beautiful smell of tacos and sauce. Keep that in mind for the future customers. Sincerely, She. So once again, I know how I feel about tomatoes on my tacos and I don't like it. I much prefer with just the cilantro and the onions. Especially when your tomatoes taste unripe. Yeah, I said it...not ripe. This trip we were joined by our Mexicana chica and the half Asian Persuasion who are both now 86'd! If you are going to criticize the critics, then you best get to steppin! There is only room for two judges on this blog and that's SHE and HE.... not ITO and SHITO! In any case they did have limes for us as well as a full bar of ingredients to add to the plate. I drank my Mexican coke and my $1.35 tacos in almost silence. I love the double tortilla, but not so much the rest of the taco. Their green sauce was asi-asi and kind of bland. All in all the ammonia/bleach smell ruined everything for me. 



La Sterile-ita, I rate you 2 out of 5 stars. 
He:
My spicy ladyfriend is abso-fuckin-lutely corectamundo when it comes to establishments waiting to cleanse themselves of the days derelicts and pigs and familias and awesmoe critics like us! Sure, we're incognito, but one day we might be on some food show or something! I did enjoy the wee cramped space although it permeated with the sweet smell of Blue brand cleanser. Mr. Yuck would be turning over in his grave! I went for uno pollo and uno pastor on this round. Double tortilla bonus. Rojo sauce bonus! Precious pineapple Jarritos double feckin' booooooonus! Another neat lil quirk is an inclusion of grilled onions and whole grilled peppers as an accompaniment! Kinda neat! Our Ethnic friend upped the ante by truly doubling our Ethnic demographic by suggesting the half Asian Persuasion tag along. I dunno about this. We had to 86 em 5 minutes into the dining experience. Having said that, I blame the toxic air content for the apparent bitchiness of the event as a whole....

I give Sirenita 3.2 Shit Stars out of a possible 5 Shit Stars for the Nuclear Fallout experience, but the double tortilla and the moistness of the pollo was a good save in a cleaner atmosphere. And by cleaner I mean LACKING FUCKING CHEMICALS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment