Friday, March 18, 2011

El Dorado- NE Glisan and 80th


She:
Taco Tuesday at El Dorado, promising I thought. This sit down restaurant had a wonderful ambiance of the outside, inside. With it's pueblo style house/roofing on the inside of the restaurant was cutesy. Though nice, that is not what is being judged in the case of Taco Walk-O. I ordered 3 chicken tacos at 99 cents as well as a soda. During the wait, we were treated free chips and salsa as this was a sit down restaurant. The chips were warm which we presumed were fresh and the salsa was rather tasty. When the waitress put down my plate of tacos I stared with dismay. They were covered in lettuce and tomatoes. I thought well damn, I wanted cilantro and onion, but all to hell let's do this. The first bite I took I was less than impressed. The second bite I took I was less impressed... it was very bland chicken and very little flavoring. Instead of taco tortillas it tasted as though they used gordita tortillas, which those of you who know the difference, there is one. I only finished 2 out of 3 and could not get myself to eat the last one. It tasted like nothing and there was no sauce or lime to add flavor. When we received our bill it had stated the tacos were $2.00 each. When asked the waitress why we didn't get the .99 tacos she replied that we got the side tacos not the .99 tacos. They were different. When the sign stated. "Taco Tuesday. 99 cent tacos" No where did it specify which tacos. She told us only the ground beef tacos were 99 cents, we got the side tacos. Oh okay, well you could of stated that fact when we ordered. In any case, because of the horrible lack of communication of Taco Tuesday as well as the poor flavoring of tacos, El Dorado is El Dor"nado".




This place receives -1 out of 5 stars. Crap!


I have to say that the lady is spot on with every fucking observation. When I was sent in the direction of this establishment, I was told that it was one of the only Mexican restaurants that had a Taco Tuesday...Welp, if you like the shittiest type of taco imaginable this is your spot! I went for the Usual this time and to add to the fact that the 99 cent tacos were ground beef only, I got fucking upcharged 3 bucks just for carne asada! This beef looked like rabbit shit. Utterly bland rabbit shit at that! Our ethnic friend was none too pleased either. In all fairness, we put forth this mission to find the best taco in town. By hook or by crook, we WILL walk-o into the correct microcosm of tacoey goodness sooner or later. The prices at El Dorado were outrageous for the outcome. Buuuuuut, I had a Squirt. It's still no substitute for FRESH FUCKING LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES!




4.1 shit stars out of a possible 5...

No comments:

Post a Comment