Thursday, March 17, 2011

Por Que No?-SE Hawthorne

She:
I have visited Por Que No? previously, but never in judgement. But Taco Walk-O is opening my eyes to the judgement of every taco place in town. With the new peepers and taste for tacos, I ordered 3 chicken tacos ($1.50 ea) with a side of chips and salsa. They handed us a number and we chose a spot to sit. The sauces and water are in one area, full and self service. The atmosphere is a fun one, with art covering the walls, as well as interesting hippy-like patrons. The line after we sat grew tremendously. We received our tacos with little wait after we ate the basket of freshly made chips and salsa. I ate them willingly and enjoyed them, but don't feel like they were the best. I almost feel as though I was a little let down with the amount of people that praise this place. How can so many people be wrong? Well...they were. I would say Por Que No? is more or less a no. 


I rate it a 2 out of 5. 


He:
Like the senorita, I have also visited this spot sans judgement due to it's proximity to one of my favorite record stores. However, on this day, Taco Walk-O was in full effect after the previous week's abysmal outcome. I ordered 2 pollo and 2 chorizo(starting to think outside the casa a tad) and popped a squat. The ambience at Por Que No? is what you would expect from a taqueria on one of Portland's more archetypical drags. More artsy, less fartsy. It was really nice though and we had quite a view! The chips and salsa were good, but I got the short end of the stick, cuz a lot of my chips still were kinda doughy. Shiiiiiiiit Star numero uno! Then the tacos came. The pollo concoctions were decent compared to last week's, but still didn't straighten me out. I loved the look of the chorizo offerings, all covered in glorious cilantro/mexican queso, but the chorizo itself was a little on the underdone side. Overall, this would be a fine place for a group of friends or a 3rd date, but only if you plan on getting fuckin shitplowed directly afterwards. In addition, when you have to bus your own table and they have a bajillion bins to separate everything, it's barely worth the price of admission....Shiiiiiiit Star numero dos! But we had better convo here, so I'm subtracting half of one. Oh, I had a pineapple Jarrito. And a cute girl complimented my shirt. See?! It's hard to win my favor. You gotta fucking work for it!


1.5 shit stars out of a possible 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment