Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Los Gorditos-SE 12th and Division



She: 
Joined by a taco fiend and a Brazilian delight, Andreas and I set out for another taco adventure. Los Gorditos looks just like any other taco possibility. It doesn't have the eclectic deco as you would assume a traditional mexican food place would have, but it looks just like a run of the mill restaurant that could serve just about anything. This cash only place is right off of Division with tricky parking spots right off the main road. At 6:30pm the line wasn't too bad and it's walk up and order. Right away I noticed they do not serve Mexican coke, but instead have regular coke from the can. Minus a point. The sauces are self serve and they have many to choose from. We sat down at a table for four (the only table for four) with our numbers and waited roughly 10 mins for our tacos. I ordered 3 chicken tacos at $2.00 a piece. The first bite I must say was pretty tasty. It immediately jumped to #1 out of the previous places we have visited. Their salsa verde was quite delicious and I enjoyed pouring it slowly onto my taco. The chicken was a tad dry although the taco was juicing all over my plate. I would have liked to squeeze a fresh lime onto my C.T.'s for a little extra zing, but bummerville they did not provide any. At least they had cilantro! All in all it wasn't half bad. Los Gorditos can ring my ditos any day.


I say 4 out of 5. Still looking for that perfect taco.


He:
First of all, I want to thank KRYSTAL for mentioning me by name. Muchas fucking grassy-ass, my little lolita. Okay taco nerds, we've brought you near constant disappointment for the past three weeks. Well, I loaded the dice this time. I love Los Gorditos. My first experience with them was at their cart at 50th & Division the year I moved here. I was in heaven immediately. Utter bewilderment. Holy frijoles this place was awesmoe! But I wasn't judging then. And I am now. I had confidencey de la supremo about my beloved so naturally I pounded a few cerveza beers prior to meeting with my ever-growing tacafficianados. It seems that our little mission has attracted a following and far be it from my sassy little friend and I to keep them from enjoying or abhorring what this fine city has to offer in terms of these lil fuckers. At this juncture we were joined by our Picante Brazilian ladyfriend and a gentleman of such esteem, I was almost ashamed that I was this fucked up. But fuck it. It's tacos, ese! 
I went for alpastor and pollo(our litmus test, if'n ya haven't caught on), dos a-piece. And a pineapple Jarritos, of course. My wee senorita was right about the pollo. It was a drier, shredded offering. But the alpastor is frickin awesmoe here! Best yet! In fairness, we had to try or tacos nekkid. I'm cool with that. Fair and balanced after all. Buuuuuuuuut, they have this saaaaaaaauce! Oh kiddies, you are going to love the neon orange jalapeno/garlic sauce! They have a deceiving milky colored habanero sauce as well as your verde and smokey chipotle bits and bobs. Good stuff. Anyway, for the most part this was the most epic culinary experience we've had thus far, but rest assured, we are but babes in a land of taco gigantes. Side note-the sauce will give you the shits from hell. Alas, everybody poops.


I give Los Gorditos 1.48 Shit Stars out of a possible 5 Shit Stars for the dry shicken and wicked burny poops. My body was probably pissed cuz I didn't get my actual the Usual. The Burrito Immortalis-the Stacy. Try it NOW! ZERO SHIT STARS! Ummmmm...ok....back to tacos..

No comments:

Post a Comment